Top 81 Best Rose Tattoos For Men – [2022 Inspiration Guide]
The rose tattoo is a badass symbol of strength, courage, and nobility. For men it’s a reminder that refinery wears armor, and that even the truest love is not without its thorns. Cultivated in the Far East and adopted by Europeans, the rose was an emblem to be worn on armor and borne on one’s shield, not simply bestowed upon a sweetheart.
Its heady scent, striking beauty, and sheath of thorns sent a message to the world to think twice before carelessly reaching out, lest they come away with a fistful of unexpected blood. Additionally, the rose in Christianity has come to represent sacrifice and purity: red for the blood of Christ, white for purification.
A modern badass rose tattoo is at once sophisticated and timeless, retaining all of its much-admired classic properties while effecting a more updated aesthetic. Perhaps you survived a romance that was as tragic as it was lush, and wish to commemorate the tale in ink. Or maybe, like the knights of your ancestry, the rose represents your own well-dressed valor–with a hidden blade for added insurance.
Just as the rose is beheld in infinite colors, shapes, and connotations, your rose tattoo is unique to you alone. Lavish and powerful, the rose is a reminder that a man’s strength is not in the eye of the beholder, but the hand that braves his touch. The rose is a powerful symbol that has been adorned by generations of manly men from sailors out on the rough seas, to soldiers taking their last breath on the battlefields.
If you can relate to the meaning of this beautiful flower, here the top 35 best rose tattoos for men. I’ve collected an assortment of great ideas and designs for you to cultivate and grow your own inspiration from!
See more about - The Top 75+ Best Rose Tattoos in 2020
1. Forearm Rose Tattoo Ideas for Men
2. Realistic Rose Tattoos for Men
3. American Traditional Rose Tattoos for Men
4. Chest Rose Tattoo Ideas
5. Upper Arm Rose Tattoos for Men
6. Rose Tattoos for the Leg
7. Neo Traditional Rose Tattoos
8. Men’s Rose Tattoos for the Hand
9. Black and Gray Rose Tattoos for Men
10. Skull and Rose Tattoos for Men
11. Rose Sleeve Tattoos for Men
See more about - 50 Traditional Rose Tattoo Designs For Men – Flower Ink Ideas
Rose Tattoos for Men FAQs
Rose tattoos are for everyone with an interest in body art, whether you’re a hardcore collector or someone choosing their first piece. American traditional roses are some of the most popular tattoo designs regardless of gender, while rose tattoos depicting duality (good versus evil) or opposing symbols are important themes in men’s ink.
Duality is a popular symbolic choice in the world of tattoo, with the relationship between life and death, and love and despair chief among them. Rose and skull tattoos are the prime expression of this relationship – the rose to represent love and life, the skull explaining death and decay.
Here are a few things every man should know about the rose:
- In the Roman Empire roses were a symbol to bloodshed and Mars, the god of war. When a soldier died in combat, roses were placed over their grave in an effort to carry their spirit into the heavens. It was believe that the aroma of roses lifted the dead towards both the gods, Venus and Mars.
- In mythology the Greek goddess of love, Aphrodite, gave new meaning to roses. Many believe that as the rose bush grew from her own pool of blood it symbolized immortal love. Love so powerful, that is could withstand both death and time itself.
- In Tarot, which are playing cards from the mid-15th century, the rose shined light on the future with as a symbol of promise, optimism and fresh beginnings. It’s thorns on the other hand, were to showcase lost men wandering through times of adversity.
- While navigating the rough seas, the arms of sailors proudly bared rose tattoos for a reminder of tranquility during troublesome travels. They served as a tribute and had an honorary purpose towards their wives, girlfriends, or distant lovers. Within time, both the seas and their love life would once again, be at peace.